Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Painting with wind up toys

Following along with Nurture Store's Simple play:: complex learning series, I'm sharing how we painted with wind up toys today.


This was one of those activities that evolved as we went along. Originally I was copying an idea from another blog (I'm sorry but I can't remember where a the moment but when I do remember I'll come back and add a link) and set up an invitation to paint with vehicles. After Bubbles had painted a few times with the vehicles I remembered seeing another blog post (again I'll add the link when I remember it) that explored animal tracks with paint, so I asked Bubbles if she'd like to paint with her animals-which she did. It just so happened that one of the animals we used was a wind up dinosaur, at first she just printed with it but then I decided to wind it up and after that a whole new world was opened up to us!

Bubbles was completely fascinated by her wind up toys slowly making their way along the paper and exploring the different tracks they made. I'm definitely going to be going out and buying a few more cheap wind up toys to expand on this play.

Please always supervise your infant/child at play.  Please stay within arms reach and never leave infants/children unattended.  You know you're infant/child best, use your own judgement-considering your infant/child's temperament, habits, behaviour and development before you play with a new medium.

http://nurturestore.co.uk/simple-play-complex-learning

No comments:

Post a Comment