Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Simple Sock Puppets


Following along with Nurture Store's Simple play:: complex learning series today we made some very simple sock puppets and had lots of playing with them all day in a makeshift puppet theatre.
 
 When I said we made some simple sock puppets, I meant simple. To make our sock puppets all we used was some odd socks, a pair of baby mittens (for Squiggles), a hot glue gun and some googly eyes. I placed dollops of hot glue on the socks as directed by Bubbles and she (with me supervising very closely!) placed the googly eyes on. That was it, our puppets were ready to be played with!
 To begin with I gave Bubbles an Ikea finger puppet theatre to play with but it kept falling down so instead we transformed an old drawer unit into a theatre with the aide of a scarf and bed runner. Bubbles had so much fun getting her puppets to sing and perform-and demanding that I clap them. :) I have a feeling that our puppet theatre is going to become a permanent fixture in the play space.
A little side note: I did make a pair of puppets for Squiggles which she really enjoyed however I was very aware that she may pull an eye off with her teeth so she only had them on whilst I could give her my  full attention. The puppets actually held up alot better than I expected. I expected I'd have to take them off her almost immediately however she didn't manage to pull anything off at all-not for want of trying mind you!
What's your little one's favourite activity at the moment?

-Victoria


Please always supervise your infant/child at play.  Please stay within arms reach and never leave infants/children unattended.  You know you're infant/child best, use your own judgement-considering your infant/child's temperament, habits, behaviour and development before you play with a new play medium.
http://nurturestore.co.uk/simple-play-complex-learning

No comments:

Post a Comment