Thursday, April 17, 2014

Plant Pot Hide and Seek

Alot has been happening over the last few weeks, my computer died, I knocked myself out at the playground and my appendix ruptured!

I'll talk more about the last two later but until we save up enough for a new computer I'll be keeping my posts brief as I'm using my phone to type. :)

I promise when I can I'll finish the Creation series but for now I'd like to share an easy and simple activity to do with your little one: Play where's the flower.



This is like the old cup and ball game, where you pop a ball under a cup, move the cups around and then guess where the ball is. Except we played with old plant pots and flowers.

Both Bubbles and Squiggles enjoyed this game-it kept them busy for a good ten minutes! I did modify it slightly for Squiggles-I didn't move the pots but instead, deliberately showed her where the flower was.

How have you played with plant pots before?
-Victoria

Please always supervise your infant/child at play.  Please stay within arms reach and never leave infants/children unattended.  You know you're infant/child best, use your own judgement-considering your infant/child's temperament, habits, behaviour and development before you play with a new play medium.

4 comments:

  1. A great way for children to learn and play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a lovely twist on an original game. I hope you are ok and all sorted now, sounds like you have had a bad run of it. Thanks for linking up at the Outdoor Play Party xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leila, all better now-it's been an interesting year. :)

      Delete