Monday, April 21, 2014

Pom Pom Baby Play

Yesterday I shared with you a simple but entertaining way of inviting your toddler to play with pom poms, today I'd like to share with you an equally simple way of allowing your older baby to explore pom poms.

Before I go any further I want to stress that this activity required your full supervision. If your bubs is still into exploring the world with their mouths this activity isn't for you. Squiggles is slowly using her mouth to explore less but did still make two attempts at tasting the pom poms, I gently moved her hand away from her mouth and redirected her to play instead. You know your baby best, do what's comfortable for you!

Set up for this activity was easy, all I did was empty a bag of pom poms onto the floor next to a glass. Then I watched as Squiggles played! She squished the pom poms between her fingers and hands, rolled them across her feet, stomped on them, attempted to taste them and then finally spent give minutes filling up the glass, emptying it and filling it again!

I love simple activities, what's your favourite?
-Victoria

Please always supervise your infant/child at play.  Please stay within arms reach and never leave infants/children unattended.  You know you're infant/child best, use your own judgement-considering your infant/child's temperament, habits, behaviour and development before you play with a new play medium.



No comments:

Post a Comment