Friday, July 18, 2014

Glitter Puddles

If you jump over to Growing A Jeweled Rose you’ll find some absolutely, amazing puddle play ideas. They’re a little too creative for me but I love the idea of creating magical puddles, as soon as I saw Crystal’s fairy puddle post I went out and bought some glitter-something that is normally viewed as contraband in our household, I love the way glitter looks and shimmers but I hate the way it spreads throughout the house. Then all I had to do was wait for it to rain enough to make some puddles.

Once it had rained I invited Bubbles out for a walk to the park, she was so excited when upon finding our first puddle I handed her a jar of gold glitter, she promptly tipped the entire contents onto the  puddle and then asked for more, I hadn’t quite expected that, thankfully I had brought a jar of silver glitter too which she also plonked onto the puddle.
Bubbles then went in search of a suitable stirring stick and upon finding one took great delight in watching the glitter as she swirled it around and around.

 This is a very simple activity, it doesn’t take long and Bubbles loves it. My neighbours love it too, they tell me they can’t wait to go walking in winter so they can see what magical creations Bubbles has created in the puddles.

What’s your favourite way to play in puddles?
Victoria


Please always supervise your infant/child at play.  Please stay within arms reach and never leave infants/children unattended.  You know you're infant/child best, use your own judgement-considering your infant/child's temperament, habits, behaviour and development before you play with a new play medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment